Monday, October 27, 2008

Procrastination: My way of doing things

Yes, Yes i know. another long time has gone by and i apologize. I've actually gotten emails asking about it! Glad to know people are enjoying this....well, when i keep up with it anyways-ha. We've been so busy (shocking) and that is why the delay has been so long. I've always had problems with procrastinating...the doctors haven't found a cure yet so I guess I just have to deal.



OK well so this doesn't turn into another novel I'll just sum up and then hopefully be able to keep up on a day-to-day basis (or at least an exciting event-to-exciting event basis. day by day may be a little boring...class, eat, sleep...class, eat,sleep....). 2 weeks ago saturday Chad and Chelsie had entered to play in this soccer tournament for a charity "The Jesus Project". Their team ended up making it to the championship! The next night we had a WONDERFUL time with Steven and Chelsie because they offered to make us dinner! It was a "thank-you" for hosting and cooking things for them. How sweet :) Well sunday night they came over and started cooking...however, when Steven opened the steaks (NY Strips!) they were purple. Now, all the steaks that I have seen un-cooked, granted, not a lot, but none of them has looked quite like this. Steven and Chelsie took it back to the store and exchanged it (they said it seemed like a normal thing for people to bring meat back because it was bad...note to self, do not buy meat from there) and then everyone came back to the apartment and started the adventure. There was so much stuff and I just stood there and watched as they cooked the steaks on the stove, steamed broccoli, cooked rice, seasoned rice, seasoned steak, baked croissants, cut up fresh pineapple, made fresh salad with ranch croutons and cheese, and it was all incredibly good. We had a lot of fun that night just sitting around talking and actually ended up getting Steven's didgeridoo (don't blame me if I spelled that wrong...) and we all tried to play it, tried being the key term in that sentence. It was great though!


The next weekend was our Fall Break meaning we had Friday the 17th off. Better than nothing but still only one day compared to regular colleges many days off. Anyways Thursday after our bible test (don't even ask how that went) we headed off on our 6 1/2 hour ride down beautiful arkansas roads of fields and tractors and boringness. How wonderful. We made the best of it and became rockstars singing at the top of our lungs. Too bad you can't send in tapes to American Idol via cell phone. We totally would have won. We finally got home pretty late and were getting everything ready for bed and I was downstairs talking to mom and if you know us, you know that we usually stay up who knows how long yacking on and on about anything and everything. However, tonight we had already said how tired we were and how we'd just talk about everything another night....well we kept saying that and saying we were going to bed....and kept saying it until about 3:30 until we decided that was late enough haha. Friday Mom and I headed out and got manicures and pedicures! I still think this is just amazing that mom does this every other week, its great! Anyways the lady that she gets hers done with did my feet and nails for the wedding and i loved her and we both got to hang out with her Friday. I think we laughed the entire time - it was hilarious. We met Chad and Dad for lunch at Panera Bread (YAY!!). Speaking of...random, i know, but I had always thought things were pretty healthy there...on the contrary actually. I was looking up how to make one of their sandwiches and found out that a lot of the sandwiches had 20-38 grams of fat...in one sandwich! The soups (even the healthy sounding ones like broccoli cheese) were just as bad. Shocking! Of course, this doesn't change how much I absolutely love this place, but still, I couldn't believe it! Anyways we ate their and then Chad had to leave to go to his INTERVIEW! He came back an hour and a half or two hours later and told us how well it went! They were asking him to come back for a second run and we are planning on when that will be. I am so excited that we actually might end up in Birmingham. I believe in 11th grade or so I told myself that I wanted to live a number of places other than Alabama...and now I'm so excited its a possibility haha. So that was a good boost for the weekend. Friday night Mom, Dad, Chad, Me and Kyle played the board game Settlers. Quite a long game but I ended up winning and so it was worth it ha. The best thing is no one saw it coming and were concentrating on 2 people who were almost winning and then BAM! i win. wonderful. Anyways don't want to become too self-absorbed....

Saturday Mom and I left around 3 to head over to Bethany's house. Mom and her were putting on a "thank-you" dinner (i see a theme forming...) for a lot of people who helped with the wedding. We went early because Mom was making her famous rolls for everyone. I helped chop veggies (zucchini, squash, green peppers, onions) which we later made into kabobs and grilled. We had tenderloin that was soooo tender and everyone loved it. It was a ton of fun as always - the guys built a fire in the yard and at the end of the night all the guys ended up out there and all the girls were inside talking. Very stereotypical huh. I did go out there a few times - we were roasting marshmallows and so there was no way I was going to miss out on that. It is one of my favorite things in life...anyways...we ended up back at home pretty late that night. Sunday was church. Man i love that place - i always feel right at home at that church. So we went to early service (still getting used to the fact we have 2 services) and then for class Mom and Dad teach a Financial Peace class so we got to sit in on that which turned out great because it was about insurance stuff we needed to know and also about things we went over in class we had to skip to go to the interview. That was really great and I know wherever we end up we will definitely be doing that class....we will have no idea what to do otherwise ha. OK so we went out to eat at Cozumel of course and during the meal Chad and I decided why not stay another day and leave on Monday? So we did. Sunday night we played another game of Settlers and then Monday Chad tried to get in for his second interview but they were too busy so we just got to chill out. We went to Panera again (can you tell this is one of my favorite places?) and then left in the afternoon. We went to Memphis and was able to see Chad's parents and Brett for a little bit. I wish we could have stayed longer but we had to get back to school :( Overall though the trip was good and we are waiting to go back!!!

The next weekend my Dad's side of the family was in town because my cousin was in the homecoming musical Oaklahoma. We got to go out to eat with them on Saturday at a local pizza place so it was good to catch up. We went to the musical that night and it was pretty good! I knew a little about it but i had never seen it before. I knew one of the main girls in it so that was fun too. It was about 3 hours long but it was worth it and we had fun.

Chad and I had a date night and went to the new Mcalisters in town - I got some sweetberry chicken sandwich that I wouldn't necessarily recommend...wasn't horrible I just won't be getting it again haha We had another date night when we went up to Little Rock and went to the mall - Chad got some much needed new jeans and a sweater. We got our 6 month ring inspection and cleaning, and we went to Target (forgot the giftcards again Mom). Its been fun just having random date nights :) We're together a lot anyways but going out "on a date" is just fun! Last night Chad asked me out on a date night walk - we went out around 9 and walked around a trail that goes all around searcy. It was cold and we had jackets and flashlights. We carved our name on a tree like people used to do haha but i loved it. On our way back we stopped at Popeye's and got some biscuits and ate them on the way back home! I am just so blessed by my wonderful husband

OK Monday night we hosted an "after-halloween" get-together thing (so we could go buy stuff on sale...are we college students or what?). I got some paper plates, cups, and napkins and then we were going to have the chocolate fountain with stuff to dip in it. I made some "putrid punch" which was just apple cider with "bobbing apples" which was frozen apple cider with food coloring and placed gummy worms all over it and in it. Didn't quite turn out like it was suppose to....looked a little weird, but it was good so i guess it went over well. I also put gummy worms in our ice cubs and we fixed kool-aid and so it looked cool with the worms you could see in the cups. Well the chocolate fountain, of course, didn't work right so we just had this lumpy chocolate sitting in the bottom of it that everyone dipped into...should have known something would go wrong but it turned out ok. We all played SEVERAL rounds of mario-kart on the Wii game system throughout the night. That game is really fun when you have a lot of people. Its even more fun watching other people play it. Hilarious. My mom still trumps all with how hard I've laughed while watching someone else... So i think we had about 9 people total over here. good crowd. I really love hosting things like this...I just love having people over, serving food, playing games - love it.

OOOOOK so that catches you up! Whew! Now i Promise to keep up with things so be checking back on a regular basis from now on. I still have to put up pictures of the apt, wedding picture information, etc. So sorry to get in this lull of no writing but alas, it is over! I will be writing very soon....

1 comment:

Lauren Way said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to Bham that weekend. Sounds like ya'll are doing well! I like being a host as well. ;)