Thursday, February 26, 2009

An update from the other Half

Hello all. I say other half, because this is Chad writing, and the "better" half is busy at work. But seeing as I have a bit of free time on my hands *joke joke, I didn't think it would be all that awful for me to jump on the blogging bandwagon and say hello to all of you! So hello!

As it is, the job search has still been a fruitless endeavor, but we all know that I cannot go my entire life unemployed so there is an end to this lifestyle I have taken up over the past 2 months. When that end decides to show up, I have no clue; but I'm hoping sooner rather than later. In my "free time", I spend about half the day sending emails, looking up jobs online, calling potential employers, and sending my resume' to as many people as I can. The other half of my day is spent being a housedad, although without children. What is the official term for my "job title"? HouseHubby? Manlymaid? Honey-Do? If you have a good job title for me, please leave it in a comment below and I will add it to my resume'. Every little bit helps.

To explain a bit further, (and for lack of a better term, we will use Manlymaid) I am finding out early that when the time comes for kids, and Cristy quits her job to become a full time Mom (which is something we decided together! It is what Cristy wants to do), that I will appreciate everything she does so much more than I would had I not had this time at home. So maybe it's a good thing I'm jobless for a couple months? To learn just how much work running a house is? And I am only keeping a 2 bedroom apartment clean, doing laundry and dishes for 2 people, and I don't have a toddler and a screaming baby on my hip during the whole process. To all the moms who will read this blog- BLESS YOU. May I never ever forget what I am learning over this time. And if I do forget, remind me.

There, now that I have earned my brownie points for the day I shall say goodbye. Please keep reading the blog! Keep commenting! It makes us feel good.

-Chad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny guy Chad....I can see you now in an apron holding a broom.

Cristy said...

Oh it is quite a sight! I'll send you a picture :) -cristy