Friday, October 30, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like ... Thanksgiving?

Lately not too much has gone on, hence the silence the blog has been getting...then all of a sudden, I have the busiest week of my life followed by a trip? What in the world haha isn't that how it works?

2 weekends ago we had 2 of our friends from Harding come and visit! They are getting married to each other this summer and Chad is a groomsman in the wedding. It is in Colorado - woo hoo!! That means an AWESOME vacation. I absolutely love Colorado. In the summer it is PERFECT. Not too hot during the day and a light jacket weather at night. Scenery is breathtaking. Ah, looking forward to that. We hung out with them all weekend like old times sake at Harding. I must admit, it made me kind of miss Harding that atmosphere. The townhouse we lived in was great, and we had people over all the time. I miss that! Now our place is flooded and boxes are everywhere. Who wants to invite people over to that? ha.
This past week was busy busy busy! Monday night one of my friends from our small group was having some of us over for her Birthday! It (of course) ended up being an incredibly late day at work; I got home at 6:40, changed, and ran out to the parking lot where one of the girls was waiting on me. We drove to another girl’s house that we then carpooled with to Erin's house because it was kind of far out. We got there around 7:30 and I really had a ton of fun. Its great having a group of friends again...as pitiful as that sounds haha. Everyone knows what that means though. We just hung out, ate pizza, ate cheesecake (all the healthy things), opened gifts, and just talked. 9:15 we left and headed home. Great night!


Tuesday we got together with another group from with in our small group. We do it just about every week. Chad had a meeting / presentation for work in Jasper so I went alone this time. We finally got back home, and went to bed.
Wednesday was church and pack as much as you can tonight-night, and Thursday Chad drove me to work in the morning so that he could pick me up and we could head straight for Memphis. We are serious when we go out of town as you can see :) The trip up was great, I wasn't feeling too good but I pushed through it. I was kind of a bum that weekend - bad headaches / nausea. Lots of the fun stuff that doesn't classify you as 'sick' but just makes you a bum to be around haha. The trip to Memphis was so fun though. It had been since FEBRUARY since I had been up there - FEBRUARY!! What kind of daughter-in-law am I? SO yes, wonderful trip- Thursday night we got there around 9 and hung out, played some foosball (which I am pretty bad at, but got better the more we played...yess) and went to bed. Friday morning Chad woke up to go to a meeting with his dad at their new church they are building (Chad's dad is the architect!) and then they went and played golf the whole rest of the afternoon. While that exciting adventure was going on, Sherry and I went to Garden Ridge, and let me just say, that place is spectacular. I probably could have spent an incredible amount of money...but I withheld and showed control haha I was looking for some fall decorations - I have NONE and every decorative pumpkin and ever sparkling fruit basket and leaves I see makes me want something decorative. So we looked at some glass pumpkins that Sherry and Mema had gotten before - and they were half off! WOO HOO! Gotta love sales. I loved them and ended up getting 2! There were also these little basket-like pumpkins on sale for $0.99...and you just cant pass that up (am I my father's daughter or what?). SO now I have successfully started a fall collection!



There they are! So we did that and then headed to a Tea Room for lunch! This is a tradition in Missouri but this time it was in Memphis and just me and Sherry! It was so much fun! It was an old house that had been turned into a tea room/ Christmas Shoppe. Food and Christmas? Some of my favorite things :) I got a turkey a bacon pesto sandwich and it was DELICIOUS! (Bacon again? Can you believe it?) We both got raspberry tea which was equally wonderful. After lunch we looked around the shop and we both got some ornaments! I am SO EXCITED about Christmas!!! Just had to throw that out there :)


After that we headed to some grocery stores to get some stuff for dinner. That night was some great grilled salmon, man do I love that stuff. More foosball that night!


Saturday we went and looked at the new church building. It...is....the most amazing thing. Every room was one of those close-your-mouth-and-quit-saying-WHOA-every-two-seconds kind of room. Can't wait for that first Sunday!


Speaking of church - we got to visit their church that Sunday. It was so good to see everyone! I've gotten to know several people there so it's always good to have people that you know you can talk to and say hey to instead of just awkwardly standing around and smiling ha. We got to visit the youth group, see the youth ministers, chat with the kiddies, and then we headed to lunch. Went to Dixie Cafe and our conversation shifted to how Chad and I started dating, who we dated before each other, how he dated my suite-mate, and I dated his roommate, so on and so forth haha. It was quite hilarious though - I think we have quite a good story.


After lunch we headed back, packed up, and left for b'ham. Chad had a presentation for work to give that night and so we had to get back in time for that. We didn't turn on any music the entire time on the way back! We were talking the entire time - let me just throw this in. I love my husband :) Who does that? I love that he can talk like that! What a man.


When we got back Chad headed to the presentation and I headed over to our church's fall festival that was going on. Saw some costumes, ate way too much candy and hot dogs, and saw cocoa as she went crazy because there were so many people around haha it was fun.

For other news...


We have been deciding whether or not to renew our apartment lease, look for another place, etc. With our apartment we are in now, to renew it for however long would actually be cheaper than what we are paying now. BUT, you have to take into consideration 280 (which I grow to hate more and more every day), and the fact that we have flooded twice. SO we decided to just parooze what was around us. We went and looked at a few other apartments but everything else was either way more expensive than what we were paying, or smaller, or something. Nothing seemed right. We had just about given up when I just decided to check around Craigslist. Now, I must say, this was quite sketchy. I emailed a TON of people, half of them came back as scams, the other half was true but then I saw pictures and said "no thanks". There were about 3 that looked decent - 2 houses for rent, and one duplex. All great locations. So I emailed these people and asked if we could see them that weekend. One townhouse and the duplex said yes we could! So, even though I was nervous about this being a scam and us going inside the duplex and being on the news the next morning ("Craigslist listing leads to young couple’s death") we went ahead and said we would at least just check these 2 out. Thank goodness for Chad ha. We pulled up to the townhouse and both of us were just like "look at this! how cute!” and that was just the outside! It was an end unit so it had an extra patch of grass on the end too. We knocked and I held my breath imaging who..or what was about to open the door. And to my surprise, a girl a few years older than me opened it up. Completely normal looking (besides the disgusting Alabama sweatshirt she had on haha) and very friendly. She welcomed us in, and showed us around, and we hung out and talked for a little bit. Turns out her future sister-in-law went to high school with me ha. Small world. Anyways we walked back to our truck, closed the doors, looked at each other, and said 'wow, I loved that!' and there ya go. We called them the next day and said we want it, they said OK, and it’s a done deal! We are renting a townhouse for the next year! One step closer to the real thing haha. They are buying a house and that should be closing around Thanksgiving so as soon as that is over we will paint and move in! We are SO EXCITED. Every day since then I think I have said that. I cannot wait. Only a month to go! YESSS!
SNEAK PEAK...



(yep, that's an Alabama flag...ugh)


So that’s the new exciting news as of late. This weekend for Halloween we aren't sure what we are doing. Guess we should figure that out pretty quick haha. Tonight we are going to eat pizza and play games with the rents! Hasn't happened for a while - it'll be good.


*I'm adding a new little end to these blog posts because I want to...so here it is*


~Little Things I Love~


- I love when you buy a brand new tube of mascara and you dip it in for the very first time so that the brush changes colors. Why? I don't know, but it makes me smile every time :)

2 comments:

Lauren Way said...

Glad you had fun with the in-laws! I'm excited about the townhouse! I also love when I get new mascara or eyeliner and use it for the first time. Kinda like opening a new jar of peanut butter and smelling it for the first time...well, sort of. Haha.

karen cavender said...

Wow...you hadn't been to Memphis since February?? Really?? Well I'm glad you had such a good time there! Bummer you didn't feel very good. Congrats on your fall decorations! They're cute!!

You and bacon...I'm still trying to let that sink in. ha

Their new church building sounds so incredible! I would love to see it sometime....

And you KNOW I'm excited about your townhouse! I'm glad all that worked out so well! So have you picked out colors of paint and carpet yet? Are you going to keep the Alabama colored walls inside? ha ha jk.