Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas has begun!

Well the Christmas banquet at church was spectacular! Sunday night it started at 6. We sat at a table with my parents and one couple from our small group Brady and Erin. The guy who did the commercials with us, James, joined us too. We ate a nice dinner or ham and turkey, salad, cheese mashed potatoes, and green beans. Cake for dessert. Kevin's band Freedom or Fire played while everyone ate. They did a wonderful job!
Let me just say one thing - my dad is hilarious. I can't believe as a teenager I didn't think he was but he is simply hysterical. He got up and did the annual "CrossBridge Toast" which consisted of him banging some spatulas on an actual toaster hanging around his neck. He would do the beat, and then sing the words. EX: "bang bang bang (there was an actual beat though) All around the country from coast to coast...bang bang bang.....people always say what do you like most?....bang....I don't wanna brag, I don't wanna boast...bang....I always tell them, I like toast....bang....YEAH TOAST!!
This last part was screamed out into the audience as they clapped along. This song has been around our family for years but its good to see its getting out and the proper recognition from the masses. The banquet continued, some people did some songs, some played instruments, others read funny poems or versions of the Night Before Christmas, and the commercials were shown. Also they showed my music videos I had been working on for hours. Im pretty proud of those things. Not to be cocky or anything I just had so much fun doing it and it took hours to do and I must say, not bad. And yes, I will post them and the commercials on here eventually.
Brady, Erin, Us!our small group!
So the banquet was great, we went home and then watched A Christmas Story - aka, my favorite christmas movie. I LOVE IT. I was telling someone else this, but I think it is one of those movies you had to grow up watching as a kid? and that is why I think it is so funny. I mean, it does have the humorous lines here and there, but the extent that I think its funny, it really isn't that funny.  ...did any of that make sense?...moving on.

We are deciding on paint colors ... we are trying to decide on a color/theme for the guest bedroom. We have had plenty of ideas, but they are either too extravagant or just aren't exactly what we are looking for. Guess we will see what the final reveal is. Today Chad said something about needing to pack for "next week" and I argued for about 3 minutes that we had 2 weeks to go. Nope, its not this weekend but the next. I can't believe it. There is so much to do...I never want to move at Christmas again.

2 comments:

Anna said...

"I can't put my arms down!!"
"You can put your arms down when you get to school."

LOVE A Christmas Story!!

karen cavender said...

Yes, it's nice that you FINALLY think your dad is funny. He's been hoping for years that you would realize this. ha. No, really...I never really know what all he's going to do at these banquets but every year he seems to out-do himself! And I know he really loves hosting this event year after year, too. :)

You did an outstanding job on those music videos!! I know that took more hours than you probably expected it to, but the final product was spectacular! I don't know how you did all that!! There's just one word to say....AMAZING!

A Christmas Story...what can I say? That just seems to "start" the Christmas Season. Just doesn't feel like it's close to Christmas till we've watched that movie. And the older you get, the funnier the lines stand out! Chinese turkey; Fra-gi-le; "Randy lay there like a slug...."; etc. I haven't gotten to see it yet this season so you've inspired me to get out the DVD!! Yippee!

Let me know what I can do to help you with all the packing/moving/painting... whatever you need. I vote for a non-December move next time, too! I know how much you wish you could decorate your place for Christmas and finally get a tree!! *sigh*