Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Since when did I grow up?

I had dinner last night with my best friend Lauren (i'm her Matron of Honor --Married Maid of Honor as I like to call it -- in her wedding in August) to a Greek / Italian restaurant.  It was her birthday and so I took her out! I even told the waiter it was her birthday so they did the whole embarrassing clap and sing shindig and it was hilarious as i clapped and sang along :) Sorry Lauren haha

Our dinner conversation of course had to do with wedding and planning that but then we talked about real adult stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong. I have normal conversations haha I just realized that times are actually changing.  We talked about money, we talked about relationships, we talked about future plans, kids, dogs, houses, decorating, family, etc. I found myself driving home asking myself when I grew up to the point that that is my conversations? and more importantly, that I love these conversations? haha Guess I'm not a toys r' us kid any longer.

This weekend my cousin is coming into town with his girlfriend! They are going to a concert Saturday and staying with us the rest of the weekend. More to come on that soon!

1 comment:

Lauren Way said...

Aw, you are so sweet! Thanks for a great dinner! I ate some of my leftovers today, and I still have some to finish this weekend. Haha. I know, it's so weird growing up. Sometimes I think that everyone has done this whole "growing up" thing and I'm the only one who hasn't. It's nice to know I'm actually not alone and that I have some pretty amazing friends to share these "growing up" experiences with. (and yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition).