Monday, September 7, 2015

Well {Hello} there 2015...

Is anyone still out there? Does anyone still get notifications for this old thing?  Prepare to be shocked because I am actually updating for the first time in over a year and a half! I had you all fooled. You thought I was "too busy" or "too exhausted" and maybe you are right...BUT alas, here is my first post this year (yes I know it's September).

It is Labor Day weekend! What a better way to spend days off than with family. We had big plans for this weekend, but a little kink was put in some of those plans when last Thursday Ava ended up getting a fever virus. Poor girl was out of it for 5 days. 5 DAYS with fever. She was absolutely hating missing out on all the fun - it was pitiful. So Friday Mema and Papa arrived and Chad took Lexi and Brooks over to hang out with everyone that night. I stayed home with Ava and we basically just watched movies. I always hate when the poor kids are sick, but I must say -- I love the cuddles! Saturday morning Chad took the other kids again and went over while Ava and I stayed back again. She was acting more herself and we were able to do more things than just sit. One thing we did was play Zingo.  The girls LOVE this game. If I let them, I bet we would play it all day long. Seriously. Saturday after lunch Chad and I switched off and I was able to go finally say hi to everyone and see my sweet nieces! Amy is 2.5 and just has the sweetest little voice. I loved hearing her talk about "Bay  Bwooks". Kate is 8 months old and just waved and waved to me.  She is crawling and clapping and such a smiley baby! We played and got to eat some good ol' burgers and beans that night. Switch off again after supper. Same story Sunday morning - poor Ava was really missing everyone. She was very much herself but had still had some fever the day before so she was still in quarantine.  By  Sunday night everyone else was really missing her too and it was decided she could come eat supper with everyone since she technically hadn't had any fever since the night before. She was elated and just so glad to see people! She had drawn some drawings for everyone that she took over too - a family drawing for Chelsie and a vase of flowers for Mema and Papa.  It was much more fun having everyone together that night. We played in the backyard after supper and the babies were pulled around in the wagon. Poor Brooks got so sleepy he fell asleep in the wagon and then kept on asleep when i picked him up. Sweet boy. Everyone left on Monday - Mema and Papa in the morning and the Inloes family after lunch. It is just so fun to see everyone. We sure do miss them.

Monday night we went over to Gigi and Poopaw's house. They had just gotten back from a short trip and of course had a couple prizes for the girls that they loved. Gigi made an amazing skillet apple pie that everyone fell in love with before they even tasted it! We got to hear about Kevin and Mindy re-doing an old buffet into a TV stand too which was pretty impressive.

On the agenda this week: Grandparents day at school is tomorrow and both Grandmas will be having ice cream with the girls - Amy is spending the week with Mimi so she gets to get in on the fun too! I have to get my oil changed, which is very exciting and note-worthy on the blog for sure. This weekend will be a laid-back weekend due to Chad having a certain procedure done that will make sure we will only be having 3 kids. *ahem*. SO hopefully there will not be another 19 months in between posts ... but honestly, I'm not promising anything. Ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Love the blog update! Scrolling through, I guess i missed some things from your blog (meaning...I just plain ol' didn't read it...ha). Sorry Ava was not feeling over the holiday weekend. I agree, though, about loving the cuddles! Megan and Ryan don't cuddle with me anymore. 😕
Anonymous Aunt Sandy

Lauren Way said...

Well, hey there! :)
Yes, I still get updates! I was surprised to see a post pop up in my daily reader!
Sounds like y'all had a good weekend - hope Ava is better. ~ Lauren W.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to comment so that you will be encouraged to keep posting!! History in the making! You'll never regret writing things down that your family did -- it's fun to read later.
Anonymous Aunt Nancy