Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How 'bout a quicky?

So just a simple, quick blog post to keep all you excited readers and frequent blog-checkers excited and frequent, respectively.

Let's give a work update. Cristy is working, bringing home the bread, loving the kids, all that good stuff and I'm very glad she is.

Me-I recently interviewed with LazyBoy Furniture Gallery for a sales job. It was a quick interview, it went well, and the boss said he would go ahead and send my application through to HR and he would call by the end of the week. I can only take that as positive, but I also know how many times I have heard similar comments by potential employers and then been ignored. So wish me luck!

In other news, Cristy is the current Burris family Monopoly Champion. She went to town on me and a "simulated" 3rd player in our new St. Louis Cardinals 2006 World Series Champions Edition of Monopoly. She was cocky, making claims like "I knew I had it all along" and "Nobody tops me, the Monopoly Guru" and "Psh, I'm internationally ranked at this game". I wish I had her Monopoly skill. Actually I wish we had her amount of Monopoly money in real life money. Now that would be nice.

But all kidding aside, we had fun playing Monopoly against each other. Can't you just see us sitting at our table playing Monopoly at night? Awwww how cute.

Well that does it for this miniature blog post. So here is a new rule- if we mention you in any blog post from now on, you are obliged to comment in response. Let's try it out, HI AUNT SANDY! THANKS FOR OUR 6TH MONTH ANNIVERSARY CARD!

Now Aunt Sandy has to reply. :)

-Chad

by the way, this is cristy and i said no such things in playing monopoly. i was extremely humble as i always am and was proud of my husband for trying his best....which just wasn't good enough apparently. so humble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Aunt Sandy might be asleep at the wheel ... we might have to wake her up.
So in the meantime I, Aunt NANCY, will jump in.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the blog and getting a glimpse into your lives! Thanks for making me laugh at work which is where I am right now.
That's good news about the job possibility Chad! I'm sure you'll let us know what happens.

Steven and Rachel are coming here over Spring Break this next week. (remember when you used to have Spring Breaks?) They have a bunch of things planned so should be fun.
Okay - back to work for me -- love, Aunt NANCY

karen cavender said...

Oh, wow, I finally got caught up on your blog! I keep forgetting to check it since you live here now and I know on a daily basis what you're doing! But I always love reading what you write (I love the WAY you write, too!). And congrats Chad on jumping in and writing too! Good job!

Love the pictures of the Aquarium....Chad you look so "natural" in that wet suit! ha I know Mamby and Dadpaw really appreciate you coming to Atlanta to celebrate their 50th anniversary! Just think...in 49 1/2 more years you'll be doing the same thing! :)

Glad you liked the American President movie...yes, it is ONE of my favorites! Now you're officially initiated into the family. ha.

We'll have to play that Monopoly game sometime....sounds fun! What a great story on HOW you got that game! ha.

Yeah, the big snow....it was all gone by the afternoon. Bummer. But it was GREAT while it lasted!!

Anonymous said...

Um...what's my excuse for not writing sooner...I was trapped under a large, heavy object and couldn't get to a computer?! Greg was out of town and returned Thurs, so he was able to help me out when he got home. Whew! What would I do without him! And my fingers were all cramped from being trapped all that time, so I finally can type now. YAY!

You have not played Monopoly until you've played the "Littlest Pet Shop" version of Monopoly. Next time we're together, you're ON!

Love, Aunt Sandy
P.S. Good blogging, Chad!