Wednesday, July 14, 2010

13 weeks and counting

13 weeks pregnant!
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)
--
Up until this point, your baby’s head has been the largest part of his/her body, but that is beginning to change. Your baby’s head is now only about 1/3 of his/her total body. Unique fingerprints are now located on the tips of your baby’s fingers. The kidney and urinary tract are completely functional which allows the amniotic fluid he/she has been swallowing to be excreted. Covering your baby’s skin is a fine, soft hair called lanugo.
How Far Along: 13.5 Weeks!

Total Weight Lost/ Gained: 130 still.
Maternity Clothes: The trusted BellaBand. I did wear an empire waist shirt that I thought would hide the semi-bloated-belly I have but instead it made it much more noticeable -- to me anyways.
Gender: 4.5weeks until we know! :)
Movement: Nope
What I miss: My coffee. Really, there is not too much else I am missing...besides my brain I guess. I am so crazy. Yesterday I asked Chad the exact same question back to back. I asked - he answered... I asked again.
Sleep: I still haven't slept like 'normal' but I have had a few really good nights sleep which has been great!
Symptoms: Yay for no more morning sickness! I am so ready for this second trimester. Everyone talks about how much energy you have...I'm still tired and the headaches have gotten worse so bring on the energy boost!
Cravings: Really no specific cravings lately- just a lot of foods that sound REALLY good.
Best Moment this week: I had about 2 nights of GOOD sleep! and we go to the doctor Thursday so I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!
What I'm looking forward to: The doctors visit Thursday and this weekend when I enter the Second Trimester!
------
Last weekend was a little tough but it was really good to see a lot of family members. Grandma's funeral was started off by lots and lots of old friends coming in and sharing stories and laughing with each other. I watched everyone smiling and it really hit me that this was a Celebration of her life rather than a heartbreaking funeral. Of course everyone was sad but overall it was nice seeing all these friends of hers come to remember her.
It was good seeing our family and we head back up there in a couple weeks for a family reunion.
THIS weekend we are headed to Memphis! YAY! It has been too long. Chad and I are driving seperate which means I get Starbucks before the trip so I don't fall asleep haha.
On a random note - Winston is getting HUGE. I'm sure we will take some pictures soon!

2 comments:

karen cavender said...

Wow...a PEACH now! Moving up!!! How exciting!

Glad you're over the "sick" mode and onto bigger and better things! I don't know about the "more energy" part though....I always wanted to still rest as much as possible.

Yes, the funeral really was a Celebration. That's the way she always said she wanted it and we all agreed. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice comments about Grandma's funeral. So glad you were able to come, and looking forward to seeing you again soon! :)
Love, Aunt Sandy