Thursday, March 17, 2011

9 Weeks Old!

9 weeks old already. To answer your question, No. I cannot believe it! Almost out of single digit weeks. But she grows cuter every day!
We went to the office this week to pick up her birth announcements (thanks Brittany!) and we weighed her. . . 12.5 lbs! She's a chunk! :) 23 inches long too. Some of her 0-3 month things are already looking like they won't last much longer. How can that be?? I just put away her newborn clothes! (waterworks with that by the way - so sad) You can see in her picture above that her onesie is gaping a little haha
So what else is new? She has always held her head up great but she is now actually holding herself up! Not sitting up, but when you hold her all you do is balance and she holds her back straight and her head up and looks around. I can't believe it. GENIUS! haha
She's also started this cute/interesting thing...she's started blowing bubbles (sometimes they are bubbles and sometimes just drool that leaks out). But its hilarious because you'll watch her just spit spit spit and all these little bubbles come out. Its like she entertains herself with it.
Today Chad was holding Ava and she was very awake and I came up to her and started making funny faces to try and get her to laugh (I've become an expert in funny face making). This included opening and closing my mouth along with it. Guess - what - happened. Ava, who wasn't right in front of me, projectile spit up and it went straight on my mouth. I mean PERFECT aim. Luckily I was going from open to closed mouth and the spit up came about as close as you could get to being IN my mouth without actually being IN my mouth. Chad laughed for about 10 minutes. Hilarious.
happy girl!


These are some of my favorite pants. Notice her bracelet too!

Bumbo for the first time! Such a big girl :)

2 comments:

Lauren Way said...

Haha, Ava and Dylan weigh the same right now.

karen cavender said...

Oh, I love these pictures!! Yes, I agree...she IS getting cuter and cuter!

I just had to laugh about you making funny faces and getting spit-up on you! Sorry, but that really IS funny! :)