Thursday, April 14, 2011

3 Months Old

Ava is officially 3 months old. I - cannot - believe - it. 3 MONTHS? It is insane! Its funny how I can't believe she's that old, but can't believe she's only been in our life for 3 months. I feel like she's always been a part of us. I can't imagine her not being her now. Oh she's just the best :)

So last week was my first full week of work. I went in the week before on Thursday as more of a trial-day to see how I would do instead of just jumping in to a full week right off the bat. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be, and I wasn't crying all day long like I thought I would. It was hard, and still is hard, but I'm sure that's not really going to get easier, I'll just get more used to it. The good part is she's spending her time away from me with wonderful people - Chad and Mom! So I don't have to worry about her sitting in a wet diaper all day with daycare workers not caring if she's crying or not, etc etc. We are pretty lucky.
I also get text updates from both of them with random pictures of what she is doing. That always helps. On great days like today I get to see her at lunchtime too :) Chad brought her here 2 days ago along with Jimmy Johns (which, if you remember from the preggers days, was my one and only craving I couldn't satisfy because there weren't any JJ's here in town -- now there is!) and she hung out over lunch. She fell asleep but even just holding her for 30 minutes makes the day easier. I get to brag about her all day long too. I don't know what I used to talk about before she came along ...

At 11 weeks Ava started teething. Yes, you read that right. She is teething. She is drooling EVERYWHERE, gets fussy, acts like her gums hurt her, putting everything in her mouth, chewing everything, etc etc. It has been an adventure. I'm ready for the teeth to either chill out or break on through so we can get through this little stage. I'd rather them just chill because I'm not really ready for her to have teeth yet... but this has been one of the newest developments so far.
Along with the teething milestone Ava also rolled over today! ... We aren't really counting this as a real roll because Chad said she kind of flopped her head over after pushing herself up which then caused her to fall on her side to which she sat and kicked and kicked until eventually she rolled on her back. Not intentional at all but still. Its exciting either way :)

She is great at tracking things. She's been a pro since just a few weeks old. She watches toys, hands, eyes, etc. She'll be sitting in her carseat staring at her toy penguin or her sophie teether and then just grin from ear to ear like its the funniest thing in the world. I love that :)

She is able to use her Bumbo now! What's a bumbo? Its a seat for infants who can't quite sit up on their own yet but it helps them sit up and strengthen their back to be ABLE to sit on their own. Its adorable seeing her sit up like a big girl!

She is just slowly starting to realize she has hands. She is grabbing things, but not 100% on purpose. Maybe more like 70%. When she is laying under her toybar or her jungle set or something she hits at the toys but seems surprised when she hits them or makes noise haha. She also loves holding things. ANYTHING. She'll grasp your fingers, hold her lovee, hold a burpcloth, it seems like it soothes her since her hands aren't flailing about and have something to grasp.

She is very good at tummy time. She lifts her head up about 75 degrees. Not quite to the 90 degree mode yet but well on her way. She kind of grunts a lot while looking around haha. She does lift herself up with her arms too! So grown up! :)

She is eating (average) about every 4 hours and durring the night about every 6 hours so if we lay her down about 11 she wakes up at 5 and then back to sleep for however long she decides. 9-ish most of the time. SOmetimes we lay her down earlier than 11 but usually we strive for earlier and it ends up being 10:30/11 anyways.

Ava loves baths. All smiles and splashes the entire time.

She is a super-pee-er. Yep. She can wet a diaper like none other. Actually she probably pees close to the same amout as other babies but this is our first one so we feel like its a ton. Because it is. Especially when she goes overnight - those morning diapers weigh several pounds - no exaggeration there.

I'll add more things when they come to me but for now those are the main updates. Oh, and I miss her like CRAZY when I'm at work! There's my update :)


Ava's 3 month photoshoot with Kim!


Tomorrow I'll be posting her 13 week picture!

1 comment:

karen cavender said...

So glad to finally have time to read this!! Love reading everything you write...and seeing the great pics too!

Little Ava is such a sweet baby and I love watching all the "new" things in her life each day! You and Chad are great parents and I'm so proud of both of you! :)