Thursday, April 9, 2009

8 Months In and Goin' Strong!

Well it is our 8 month anniversary today! Yes, we still keep track of months. Before the big 1 year date, what else are you suppose to do? That is coming up soon though - how weird! On one hand 8 months has gone by in a flash...wedding, honeymoon, Searcy, graduation, moving, new job, job search, new job....whew. So fast. On the other hand, I feel like we've been married forever. Not in a bad way, of course, but everything is just so normal it seems like we've always been together (cue the aww's). I think we are doing pretty good though. We've learned more and more about each other and are learning more and more about how to deal with each other...ha. Nah its been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to many many more years of it!


A few fun stories from the past week for your entertainment...


-we found several coins in a pottery vase along with some scattered randomly around (you know how that is, you pick up an old purse and 68 cents falls out) and so, being in the financial situation we are in (and the fact that I am a nerd and find this fun), we took it to the Walmart Coinstar machine. Now, if you don't know what this is, it is a huge green machine with a screen on it that I'm sure you've passed by a million times and never noticed. You take all your change and you can dump it into the machine and then it spits out a receipt of how much money you just dumped in there. Pretty awesome, right? They take a small portion (nothing is free) for using their system but we poured everything in, made a ton of noise with all our coins, and got our receipt. $32! We were rich!

-We got bored again and went out to DSW to look at shoes. Yes, WE went to go look at SHOES. I have a husband who actually enjoys doing this. (how wonderful!) We went and tried different shoes on. I fell in love a few times...

- So we found something new we like thanks to my grandmother (thanks Grandma!). She saved up a jar of marshmallow fluff because she wanted us to try a new sensation: a Fluffer Nutter. It is a sandwich with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff! TRY IT if you haven't! It's great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 8-month anniversary!!! So are you learning yet about each other's quirks and bad habits? Or are you still perfect in each other's eyes??? ha ha ha ha I can't believe how FAST time has flown! You've experienced a LOT in your almost-first-year of marriage so far! I love reading your blog, so keep it up!
Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Marshmallow fluff is great especially when you put it on top of a heavenly hash cake.
Papa and I wish you many, many years of happiness together. Love you lots. Mema

Nancy said...

Okay I'm ready for another post! So much stuff as happened that I know there is plenty to write about!
No pressure - I just have a light work week coming up and I'll be at the computer. So it's a selfish request. :)
Hey 9 months of married life by now! Love, Aunt Nancy