Friday, April 3, 2009

Pranks, Progress, and Proof we're growing up...

Well surprise, surprise...none of the previous post actually happened (Happy April Fools!), although I did almost fall down the stairs. But all is well and we are hanging in there. We have figured out that this next week will be the absolute poorest we have ever been so far, but THEN, after we both get paid, will be the richest we have been so far. Ha! Interesting few weeks we are in for!

This week Chad has really been enjoying his job - he has picked up everything quickly and everyone there is really enjoying his company (who wouldn't, right?). Work for me has been a little slower than usual because it is SAT testing week for the kids and so no one wants to miss that, but of course forgets to call us and let us know. Its been a nice break though :)

This weekend Chad has the Men's retreat Friday and Saturday and then Sunday night after work he is heading to Memphis to figure out some stuff for his truck he bought up there. Saturday we'll have together because he is off work - yay! We played 'catch' on our tennis courts the other day so maybe we'll go and do that again. I did decent...I can't catch anything in this one area and I 'throw like a girl' but that kind of comes with the package since I am one. Maybe we'll head out to Oak Mountain for the day - nice romantic picnic or walk in the woods lol.

Chad and I got our first (first as a married couple that is...) Library cards this week! I feel like an old married couple already :) We wandered the halls of books but didn't pick any up. We looked at the movies - good choices but none that we wanted to take home. The main reason we were there was because I wanted to get a book on CD. Yep, I know...and yes I am only in my 20's ha. I picked up one called Playing For Pizza by John Grisham because it was about a pro football player who got kicked off a team and went to play in Italy. I saw Italy and decided that was the one for me ha. I wanted a book on CD because of my incredibly long wait in bumper to bumper traffic on a daily basis and why not 'read' a book to calm my nerves? It is actually really good and I completely recommend it! (...ok i officially feel old. i'm recommending books on my blog haha. OH WELL!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to listen to a book while you're in traffic! that is one Grisham book that I haven't read yet. Many of my friends say that's the only way that they have time to "read a book". In fact, on Easter at church we're giving away the Bible on CD to each person so they can listen to it if they don't have the time otherwise!
Good to hear about the new job and how it's going well. Yeah - having to work around 2 full-time work schedules is definitely a part of growing up. Like, my day off is Friday and Carl's day off is Monday. So Saturday is it, but sometimes there are church things scheduled for that day. Lisa's "real world" adjustment will be that she only gets ONE day off for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. (!) Love, Nancy