Wednesday, April 1, 2009

When it rains, it pours...or hurricanes

So yesterday I started not feeling well (surpising that it would be me, right?) and I thought it would just be a bug but this morning I woke up feeling awful. Tis the season for the FLU, and lucky me has caught it. At our wonderful doctor's visit my brand new insurance got turned away and we got slapped (AFTER the visit, mind you) with a $222 charge, all to tell me what I had already figured. SO then on our way home from that lovely stop we got rear-ended and I was about to lose it but thankfully there were no scratches or dings or anything and we both drove away glad not to have to call police and that mess. We finally got home today and as I am walking down the stairs to our apartment, yes, I twist my ankle. The whole thing was swollen about as big as a baseball and I have been laying on the couch in ice ever since. Sorry for the short blog I am just not quite in the mood for my incredibly long drawn out details - let me know if anyone has any better pain pills...and PRAY that its not broken!!!



;)

3 comments:

karen cavender said...

Oh my goodness! And I thought I had it bad today! I went to the grocery store and had this huge cart full of groceries and my debit card was denied!! Yipes! And there was nothing else I could do to pay for it all, so I had to just leave everything. I went to the bank and they said there was no money in the account! Today was supposed to be payday! They said there was a rather large sum of money withdrawn earlier today but I told them neither of us had been to the bank that day! Now we have to get a police report and they have to investigate it all. Then on the way home from that, and of course I am very frantic by this time and not paying attention, and I run a stop sign. There just happens to be a cop right there so i get pulled over and I'm thinking "oh great! Just what I need today" As he approaches the car he says "April Fool!" :)

So you'll have to tell us how your ankle is, too! *wink*

Lauren Way said...

All of that would happen to you on April Fool's Day...haha.

Lisa Owens said...

Poor baby girl! Adulthood is definitely not for the faint of heart--and the ankle situation--well I wasn't anywhere near you--so my spastic nature could not have rubbed off. Just remember--you are strong, you are invincible, you are WOMAN(sorry that was before your time--however, still rings true). Hang in there Cristy--this too shall pass and tell that wonderful Mom of yours that I have been a slacker--but will be in touch with her soon. Much love to the Cavender/Burrus clan.