Thursday, November 4, 2010

29 Weeks and Halloween Treats!

Month 7 (weeks 29-32)
Wow. 73 days until due date. Can you believe it? I can't haha

Baby’s energy is surging ( and this kid has some ENERGY), thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

Baby is how around 15 inches and weighs about 3 pounds.
Your baby is rapidly growing at this point. Obviously your baby is continuing to gain weight, and his/her head is also growing. This is due to the rapid brain development that began in week 28. Muscles and lungs are also continuing to develop and mature.Because there is so much development and maturing going on, it is incredibly important to ensure that you are getting plenty of nutrients and rest.
-----------
Well as you know, Sunday was Halloween. We ended up going to a friends house that night for games and food. I had a halloween shirt with a skeleton baby on it that I had worn the week before to our church fall festival and ALL week (yes, daily) that I was planning on wearing. About 30 minutes before we went to the party though I decided to see if the idea that popped into my head would work...
...and it did. Beautifully. And not a penny spent.  The hat was a black t-shirt covering my lovely bella band. The dress was just a normal maternity dress and the white is a t shit underneath. I took apart a necklace and hung a cross that is suppose  to hang on the wall on the end of the chain. Glorious.
It was a great night! We played some games, ate tons of food and just chatted. I love our group!!

those are my rice crispy treats I made - the black is suppose to be spiders, ghosts and the like ha






**all the above pictures are Kim Brantley's - she is AWESOME. She did my maternity pictures which will be coming soon!!**

1 comment:

karen cavender said...

What a fun party!! Loved, loved, loved your nun costume! And Chad's front tooth is awesome! (or should I say the "missing" front tooth?? ha) Having a fun group like this is something everyone needs! Y'all are very blessed to have great friends!

Wow....time seems to be going so fast now! I can't believe you're almost at 30 weeks! That seemed like it was so far off when you first found out you were pregnant!

I can't wait to hold sweet Ava!!