Monday, November 22, 2010

"Zoom Zoom"

Last Wednesday started out like any other day. I woke up, got ready, went to work, etc. Chad had gotten scratched in the eye by, yep - you guessed it - lovely Winston the day before but when he woke up said it felt a little better. However, after time went on and more light hit it, it got worse.
As I googled all about this condition (I know better than to do that, but hey, its all the resources I had) I read that it could get infected and the sensitivity to light was a bad sign - "call doctor immediately".
I found an eye doctor near our house and asked about this and they said yes, he needed to come in. Now, Chad has no insurance right now and in this span of uninsured he has had to get xrayed and now an eye doctor visit all due to the one and only WINSTON. He's even more expensive than we thought.
So Chad goes in for a work in appointment to check out his eye- I ended up leaving work to go pick him up because they had numbed his eye and all sorts of stuff.
Around 3-ish I got a phone call from Mr. NumbEye informing me that he was at a car dealership and found a car I would like. Yes, we had talked about needing to get a car for Ava that was a LOT more reliable than the Jetta (aka- one that I didn't feel would slide off the road or breakdown at any moment) but we hadn't talked about when. So all I found myself saying was "Don't buy it" haha. If you don't know me very well, I am very bad at decisions. Big ones, little ones, planned ones, spontaneous ones. Any. Even buying a pair of socks I would have to look around at all the other socks and make sure that those really were the socks I should be buying. Am I a tad crazy? Yes. But aren't we all in some way or another?
So I told Chad I would swing by after work and we could look at the car (knowing full well in my head that we would look and then go compare other cars, etc etc). Work ends and we head to look at the car. Chad said he was just sure that I would love it - and he's usually right about these things. I got pretty lucky :) So we went and looked at it and yes, I did love it. Perfect back seat for car seat, diaper bag, toys, random cheerios. Lots of room in the back for stroller and whatever else we can pack back there.
Test drive: went great, no problems, drove awesome. We talked about it and guess what? I really did like it. So I went against my urge to go compare other cars for a week and said "OK" and we drove off the lot 5 minutes later!
....haha no I did say OK but it took about another 2 hours to finish all the paperwork and handle all the craziness that went on. We had lots of speed bumps because papers had to be faxed to Chad's Dad to sign for the truck, we found out my license was expired, the payments they told us were crazy higher than originally quoted, etc. But we jumped through all the hoops and drove home in the car! All we had to do was tie up loose ends and sign some more papers but we did it. It's still crazy to me. I feel like only grown ups are suppose to do that stuff but then I realize, oh wait, I kind of am a grown up. Weird.
Now I get to brag on my wonderful husband. He gave up his manly truck in order for me and Ava to be safe. He is going to drive the (payment free) jetta for a while while I get the new car because he is that awesome and cares that much for his girls. Not many guys would do that- especially give up a huge truck for a tiny jetta. I feel so lucky and just wanted everyone to know how awesome he is. Thanks babe :)

So here is a random photo of our car we got but its not OUR car. I'll take some of those this week over Thanksgiving break.
Behold! My Mom car :) I have LOVED driving it and everything about it. Its turbo charged too hehe I might get in trouble with that...
So just so you know its a Mazda CX-7. Looks just like the picture. And its SO fun!

Chad's eye is mostly healed. He had to wear a contact for a day and then get it checked the next day but it is doing a ton better. Chad nicknamed the new car the Shark and I made the joke that I switched from the Jets to the Sharks and cracked myself up because I felt so witty. Chad gave a sympathy laugh and that's when we found out he's never seen West Side Story. I'll have to force him to watch it sometime. Not anytime soon because it is nearing Christmas video time which means my movie slots will be FULL with things like Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and so on and so forth. Man I love Christmas.

2 comments:

Lauren Way said...

I didn't know about Chad's eye! Yikes.
Great new car!

karen cavender said...

That's awesome! I mean about the new car, not Chad's eye. ha

LOVE that you are driving a more reliable car...and I'm glad Chad's eye is better now. :)