Friday, December 3, 2010

33 Weeks!

Your Baby: Month 8 (honeydew)


Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! (she loves Michael Buble and Coldplay!) Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

Your baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and she could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic-fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of her pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There's less fluid to cushion the blows.) Antibodies are being passed from you to your little one as she continues to develop her own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once she's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.
-------
Total Weight Lost/ Gained: 157. I went to the doctor for my 2 week check up AFTER Thanksgiving and hadn't gained a pound since the last visit! How did that happen? No idea.
Maternity Clothes: The only things I can wear now. Even some of my scrub pants are too tight to wear haha
Gender: A baby girl :)
Movement: Crazy active! She is now head down too. Seems to be most active around 11AM, 2-4 PM and then around 6 PM. We will see how this compares to when she gets here!
What I miss: Well, I don't mean this in any sort of bad way, but I miss not being pregnant? haha There are just times after I got done waddling down the hallway and trying to bend down to pick something up but cant, and catch my breath because the 5 steps I took were just so much, that I just try and remember what it used to be like. But I really do enjoy the fact that there is a little baby in there kicking around- that part is great :)
Sleep: Some good nights, some bad nights. Nothing seems to help 'more' or 'less' just depends on the night.
Symptoms: (all the same) no swelling yet; yesterday I got my first Braxton Hicks contractions so those were fun haha
Cravings: eh nothing huge lately
Best Moment this week: Just feeling her move so much is the most exciting thing. I also got a baby gift from a patient of mine this week and that just made my day!
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, decorating for christmas, and doing things like packing a hospital bag!

1 comment:

karen cavender said...

Wow...getting closer!! Yes, you'll notice having to sit down more, put your feet up more, let other people pick things up for you more, etc. So take advantage of it and let other people do things for you...people LOVE to help out a pregnant lady! ha

That's so cool that she can listen to music and even notice "light"! Wow!