Wednesday, June 9, 2010

8 weeks and 3 days

Today we had our first ultrasound appointment! I cannot tell you how amazing it was to sit there and hear the heartbeat! It was strong at 175 BMP and it was one of the best sounds I have ever heard. She traced out and measured baby b and he/she measured right at 8 weeks and 3 days. Almost PERFECTLY on time - our original due date was January 18th and got moved to January 16th. 2 less days we have to wait! Who knows when baby b will actually make the appearance though ha.
We also got to see the heartbeat which made MY heart beat even faster. You could just see the little thing beating away! We are just elated and cannot wait for January to get here.
Next ultrasound is 10 weeks away...which seems like FOREVER! We haven't even been growing this little bean for that long! But she said by that time baby b will be as big as our hand and we will be able to see all the hands and feet which is super exciting :)
measuring baby b!
that was when we got to listen to the heartbeat
the head and body! baby b as a blob :)
the blue and red in the middle is the heart!

I'm going to try and keep up with this week to week so here is the first one! milestones i tell ya

How far along? 8 weeks, 3 days
Weight gain/loss: up 3 pounds since FIRST finding out to 132
Maternity clothes? Not yet, still too early for that but i can tell ya I'm feelin the bloat!
Stretch marks? Too early (thank goodness)
Sleep? It's all I want to do, all the time...and then sleep some more.
Best moment this week? Seeing baby b and the heartbeat!!
Food cravings: carbs, carbs galore. random cheese cravings, and as always, taco bell. Oh and today I craved a Chick-fil-a sandwich just once.
Gender: Too early
Belly button in or out? Too early
Movement? Too early
What I miss? Coffee and sushi :(
What I'm looking forward to: I'm actually looking forward to showing like I have a baby. right now i just feel bloated and bleh.
Weekly wisdom: Eat what sounds good. Thanks to Donna for that one :)
Milestones: Heartbeat heard! 6/9/10

3 comments:

karen cavender said...

Woo-hoo!! What an exciting time in your life....and OUR lives! ha

Here's another hug!! Man, 10 more weeks, eh? *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Cristy, you're the first woman I know to be brave enough to give out how much you weigh! ha NOT that it's bad, because it certainly isn't! (your # that is) In your 9th month you might not be admitting your weight. ha ha ha But it's all good weight to gain (and bad weight to try to lose afterwards...ha). Way to be encouraging, eh?!
Love ya! Aunt Sandy

Leigh Ann said...

Cheese and I have been getting along very well too =)

Apparently today our baby is the size of a shrimp. I'm not sure how I feel about that.