Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Watson!

**So yes, I did start this a while back and I'm going to blame this on the pregnant brain - I thought I had already posted this, and apparently I did not...so Sorry about the month late random post haha**

This past weekend we headed out to Colorado to witness some of our very good friends get married! We went to school with Shay and Barrett and Chad roomed with Barrett at Harding. We played a pretty big part in pushing them together, so Shay and Bear, you are welcome.

Thursday we headed out to drive to Atlanta (because flights were about $300-400 cheaper there). We arrived, parked, and headed in to our flight. It was delayed, naturally since every trip we take has to have SOMETHING go wrong. We just hung out in the airport and waited. We boarded the plane and Chad and I had seats one behind the other. Yep, apparently EVERYONE was going to Denver Thursday afternoon and it was booked. A couple minutes after we boarded I turned around and asked the guys sitting on either side of Chad if they would mind switching. One guy gave me a look of death and rolled his eyes and turned the other way without saying a word. The other guy looked at me, slowly shook his head and said "nooooo". I really was shocked. I thought surely one of the would be nice enough - apparently my faith in human kind is too much. I said "well ok then" and sat back down beside a guy who silently laughed, which sounds nice, but instead of making noises he violently shook his shoulders up and down (he was watching some tv show). The other guy kept to himself until I started reading my pregnancy book and then started in and wouldn't be quiet about his wife who is pregnant with their third and how excited he is and how having 3 is a big hassle and what I needed to be prepared for and so on and so forth. I politely nodded and kept on reading to give him the hint which took about 30 minutes to sink it.
Anyways we got close and then the captain informed us that there was a huge lightning storm going on and we couldn't land...AND if we had to stay in the air for more than an hour we would have to go fuel up in Colorado Springs and then go back up in the air and wait for clearance. Talk about our luck with airplanes, huh? It ended up being only about 45 minutes that we were up there and then got to land. Thank goodness though.
We got there, got our luggage, met another guy who flew in about the same time, and then climbed in Shays truck to drive to Castle Rock where they lived (about an hour away). It started raining about 10 minutes into the trip so we had to get our bags all crammed in there with us haha.
That night the guys were headed back to the airport to pick up one last guy and then they were going to do their bachelor party (Dave and Busters night) but the last guy didn't end up landing until about 11:30 so they ended up just driving home. At the house I had a very exciting night of heading straight to bed :)
Friday: we went and got the guys fitted for their tuxes. They were a brown tux with a champagne colored shirt and pocket square. It looked REALLY nice! Everyones fit fine except the groom's brother. He got his fixed right on the spot though. We THEN found out why these tuxes looked so nice...they were $200...which we found out that morning. Talk about a shock when you are poor haha but it ended up being fine and it was worth it with how good everyone looked that day :)
Rehersal dinner was that night. I got to see some more old friends from Harding which was fun. Good BBQ dinner at night and hilarious conversation naturally.
That night the guys went out and did their bachelor party at Dave and Busters and I hung back at the house with the girls. I ended up not saying much and just listening to some hilarious stories that got passed around and it was a really fun night :)
Saturday: The guys had to wake up early and leave the house so they wouldn't see Shay getting ready. I woke up and went ahead and got my shower and got ready so I wouldn't be in the way of any of the girls who were actually IN the wedding. Turns out I woke up a little too early and ended up sitting in my dress and make up for a couple hours while everyone else took their time haha. We headed to the church and they put their dresses on, took pictures getting ready, etc. I ended up wandering around and when the guys got there, someone was put in charge (how? no idea) of pinning on everyones boutonnieres. Surpisingly by the 7th guy I could do it to where you couldn't even see the pin...so then I had to go back and fix the first couple guys i did ha.
There was one other guy in the wedding party who was married so his wife and I hung out- I was very thankful she was there and that we got along because otherwise it would have been quite boring waiting around. We ended up going to McDonalds to pick up some cheeseburgers for the guys because they were originally told not to eat anything but couldn't stand it haha
The wedding was beautiful, I cried at the very beginning and the very end. It was so exciting to see them married :) The reception was cool - it was in a lodge-like place and they had white lights hung all over the rafters. The wedding party all sat at one table so again, very thankful to have someone to hang out with. They also had a photo-booth that was SO much fun and got used a TON that night.
Let me just say, I have never been to a reception that lasted longer, and that was more fun with all the dancing and craziness that took place. It - was - awesome. Pregnant lady still got her groove on.
Sunday: We had to wake up at 3:30 in order to leave and catch our plane that morning. The airport is an hour away so that was exciting. Shays parents drove us (poor things). We got seats together on the flight home thank goodness. We landed, found our luggage, and headed back to the ham. It was weird that it had flown by so fast!

                                           PICTURES
Here are some of the pictures, and then below I'll post a link to all of the pictures from the weekend

(Chad got bored and created this guy ^)


1 comment:

karen cavender said...

wow...sounds like it was a fun weekend! The pics are great! Love the sunflowers! Glad you got to go and catch up with old friends. :)