Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Double Digits!

Baby's now the size of a prune!

(From website) With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)

(From email) This is the beginning of the fetal period when your baby's organs continue to grow and mature. The majority of his/her vital organs, kidneys, liver, brain, and lungs are functioning, but will continue to mature throughout the remainder of your pregnancy.

Your baby's head makes up half the length of the body, and there is a bulge in the forehead allowing for brain development. Fingernails, toenails, and hair will begin to become visible this week. The fingers are no longer webbed. The baby is actively swallowing amniotic fluid and kicking his/her legs.

I get weekly emails and weekly web updates - they both say about the same thing but its always exciting :)

How Far Along: 10.5 Weeks (this seems like a milestone)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: up to 128.5
Maternity Clothes: No clothing items but Mom got me a 'BellaBand' which I am so excited about! click here to see it!
Gender: 8 weeks till we find out :)
Movement: nada
What I miss: Still miss the coffee. I have had a couple sodas here and there so thats nice. Odd as it is, I miss roller coasters. When is the last time I rode one? A couple years ago...so how could I miss them? I think its the fact that I can't do them. I really want to go to six flags haha.
Sleep: Still no improvement here. I heard it was bad later on but 10 weeks? c'mon baby b, give me a break :)
Symptoms: Still nausea and fatigue. The drool has improved some BUT the acne is on the up and up. Just found out my beloved Proactiv is a no-no and so I am washing with normal very gentle soap. THIS is going to make the money maker look gooood for sure haha
Cravings: The normal taco bell naturally. Today I craved a smoothie - and got one - and it was wonderful :)
Best Moment this week: finally reaching the double digits!

So my body decided there wasn't enough going on and figured why not through something else in the mix? About a week ago I realized I had maybe 2 red bumps on my left arm. Nothing big, nothing alarming. Just 2 tiny bumps that sort-of itched. Today, I sit here with an enormous band-aid on my arm to hid the ever-growing mass of nastiness underneath - poison ivy. Now its not even the normal 'couple bumps' of poison ivy. It has turned into one clump of bumpy puss filled ...thing. There isn't even a word. Below the mass is about 6 smaller bumps who, I can already tell, are contemplating forming a blob like the one above them. THEN on the right arm, are 2 spots who have randomly poped up and started itching and growing as well. They all itch like crazy and now I have an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow to see what to do. Normally it would be a boost of sterroids - however, baby b is very particular with what he/she is able to take and so we ran into that wall. The OB didn't know what to do and referred me to the dermatologist. That should be a fun adventure. Hopefully my arm hasn't been overtaken by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh!! Let us know what the dermatologist says! NOT fun.
Aunt Sandy

-- Laura -- said...

I had the same problem with the acne because I had to quit using my favorite stuff, too! I bit the bullet and made the investment in a Clarisonic brush. That and a little plain orange Neutrogena liquid did the trick! Now I think I've come out ahead because the facewash is so much cheaper than the forbidden stuff. My only regret is that I got the fancy brush. The very most basic model would have been perfect... (Oh, and I got mine on ebay to save some major money!)