Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A SECOND new addition to the fam??

Yes that is right. Exactly ONE WEEK after getting a brand new little puppy we found out we were pregnant! Surprise! (yes, it was to us too haha)

We were leaving for Memphis on Saturday and I was just a little late on my lovely monthly gift (sorry boys) and so almost jokingly I had mentioned earlier in the week that I would take a test Friday if nothing had still happened.
Friday I was off work and we woke up, Chad went into the kitchen to make coffee and I went to the bathroom and remembered my promise earlier from the week. I took the test, laughing to myself, set it on the counter, threw something away, and turned around - there it was. 2 VERY bright pink lines. 2 lines = pregnant. I kind of just stared at it in complete shock and then proceeded to pick it up, walk in the kitchen like a zombie, shaking from head to toe. My arms were out in front of me and I went to Chad and slowly lifted up the test in front of his face. That's right, no clever sayings, no funny presents, just shocked zombie Cristy :)
We went to the doctor that day to check up on everything and they said I was about 5 weeks. They did all the fun bloodwork and check ups and then we went home. Talk about complete SHOCK.
About a year ago I had a dream on how we told our families we were pregnant, and that is just what we did. We got some coffee mugs from Wally World and wrote on the "Worlds Best ____" (Grandmother, Uncle, etc) It was so much fun!
That night we went to a wedding shower and then after that we drove to my parents house and gave them their mugs :) My mom looked at it and said "oh nice" (thinking it was for HER mom, and confused why I was giving it to her...) and then it hit. She then scream/squeeled, ran over to me, literally jumped up and down and stomped her feet while continuing the screel. HILARIOUS. I keep telling everyone if I would have recorded it we would be millionares from America's Funniest Home Videos.
The next day we went to Memphis (perfect timing!) to celebrate Brett's graduation. We did the whole mug thing with them too (parents and grandpartents) and Chelsie was the first to figure it out. She sat there, mouth wide open, staring right at us. No words, just wide mouth. Then everyone was looking and Chad's mom says "Cristy! Are you pregnant?" And the hugs and the tears and the smiles followed :)

SO there ya go. There is the news out there for the world to see. We are having a little baby - we have declared it 'baby b' for now.


2 comments:

Lauren Way said...

Man, I can't believe ya'll knew during the shower! Ya'll did good not saying anything. I would have been struggling.

karen cavender said...

I can't believe you posted this and it's taken me this long to remember to read it! Yikes! Guess I got busy with graduation and company, etc.

I will never forget that day that you gave us our mugs....it still brings tears to my eyes whenever I think about it. And yes, I'm STILL jumping up and down!! :)