Wednesday, September 8, 2010

21 Weeks!

Your Baby: Week 21


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. (yikes, I haven't been eating the greens and good stuff enough...wonder if Ava will be picky...)

If you place your fingers about a half inch above your belly button, you may be able to feel your uterus. The vast majority of people that you encounter will realize that you are expecting. If you notice that your lower legs and feet swell towards the end of the day, try to schedule a couple of times a day that you can sit and rest. If you seem to be battling oily skin and/or increased breakouts on your face or other parts of your body, wash your face with a gentle soap and water twice a day. (do people not wash their face like this anyways?)
Many women enjoy this portion of pregnancy the most. They have survived many of the early pregnancy symptoms and are not so big that they feel incredibly uncomfortable. Try to relax during this time and enjoy being pregnant.
-Up until this point your baby’s length was measured from the crown of their head to the bottom of their rear end (CRL). Now your baby’s length is measured from crown to heel (CHL).Your baby has grown to over 8 ½ inches long and weighs about 12 ounces.
-----------------
Total Weight Lost/ Gained: up to 139. Thats a total of 11 pounds now. I go to the doctor for an official weigh, that weight is just from my office so could be a couple pounds off. Wow, 11 pounds yikes haha

Maternity Clothes: Well I really need to find some jeans. I have somehow misplaced my Bellaband (probably hiding in a pile of laundry somewhere) so I havent been able to wear ANY jeans lately. I am LOVING stretchy skirts and pants. LOVING.

Gender: A baby girl :)

Movement: Yes! I feel her rolling and moving around. Its not a ton but its enough to make me incredibly happy :) I have noticed I feel her later at night so apparently that means she'll be awake then? That is OK with me as long as she sleeps in...haha

What I miss: Sleeeeep

Sleep: My legs just HURT for no reason at night. Not cramping, just hurting. C'mon, gimme a break. I did buy a body pillow last weekend that helped, but not a great deal haha

Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, fast growing nails, baby brain, feeling hot, my hormones making me 'outspoken', big fingers, legs that are killing me, back that is killing me, not sleeping well, and could I complain any more?

Cravings: all food still haha

Best Moment this week: Monday night Chad felt her a little :) Not much, but a little roll. It was so exciting!!

What I'm looking forward to: more movement more movement more movement :)

No comments: