Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Doctor visit update

Well we had another Ultrasound and doctors appointment last thursday. I just LOVE getting to see Ava! It's still hard to comprehend that there is a tiny little girl growing in my stomach...WOW.
We were the first ones called back for the US. Its the free ones they do at a college here so their techs can get practice. This = awesome. We ended up getting the same girl we got last time who was taking her final THAT day to graduate. She was really cool- she's good about showing us everything and every angle and she talked about how if she has time she likes just holding the wand still so you can see her jump. That is one of my favorite parts!
We got to see Ava suck her thumb! It was adorable. Her little hand was up there right at her mouth. SO cute. We also got to see her 'drinking' the amniotic fluid (sounds appetizing, doesn't it?). It was so cute because her little jaw was just going to town gulping the stuff in. She weighed 1 lb 1 oz. Big girl ha. She also grabbed her feet again which is something I fully expect to see when she is born too because we've seen it every ultrasound now. Im suprised she can do it so easily with her big round belly in the way!

We had to wait a little while at the doctors office because she actually delivered 2 babies while we were there! I made the note that I'm sure people don't get TOO impatient while waiting if they themselves are pregnant because in a couple months they'll be needing the same attention!
We were there for a little over 2 hours but it was fine. We asked her all the questions we had been saving up of all the 'weird' stuff going on -- everything is normal, of course ha. She is very open and to the point so its kinda nice to have her just be like 'no, thats normal' and move on.
She measured my belly for the first time this visit. I measured at 23 weeks which was right on track she said. Its give or take 2 weeks.
I got my blood taken and found out my iron was a little low. I am now taking iron daily. Pills Pills Pills haha whew!

SO final stats:
Ava is 1 lb 1 oz
I am 141 pounds (wow)
I am measuring 23 weeks
I am a normal pregnant lady haha
My iron is low

There you have it! Next visit is in October and is my glucose test. I go in first think in the morning, get to drink a 'breakfast shake' (from what I heard, this is no shake, it is nasty) and then an hour later get tests done. Now that sounds like a fun appointment. AND it'll be right after we are at the beach for a weekend eating all that amazing food. Not sure if that messes anything up or not but still haha. Hope I dont have to go back for the 3 hour test - yikes!
Besides that we are busy, busy, busy. Every weekend is full, almost every week night is full too. Chad is the interim youth director for the youth group at church which has been a huge blessing in so many ways to us. That has kept us busy and then we are also on the search comittee for a new youth minister so that has kept us even more busy. We have a candidate coming in this weekend, the next weekend is Memphis trip (yay!) and the next weekend is a praise weekend at our church, then the next weekend is a weekend trip to Alligator point again. Whew! Better get it all done before I can't travel anymore!

3 comments:

Lauren Way said...

Glad everything is going well! I didn't know Chad was the temporary youth minister. Talk about busy.

karen cavender said...

Like you said....you better enjoy this period of "busyness" because once Ava comes you'll be amazed at how much everything will come to a screeching hault....at least for a little while. But it'll pick up again once you get used to how to do "life with a baby". :)

Love the ultrasound pictures and especially that they're free! Wish I had that available to me when I was pregnant with YOU! ha

Anonymous said...

Glucose test...yuck. Not to discourage you or anything! ha I was once "borderline" so I had to go back for the LONG test, and it ended up I was FINE! Grrr.... Well, it's just a small price to pay for a sweet little baby girl. : ) You'll learn you'll do ANYthing for your children, even take glucose tests! (They just might not thank you till they're in their 30s...ha)
Aunt Sandy