Monday, September 13, 2010

22 weeks!

Your Baby: Month 5  (we have graduated to months now)


Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. (we played her classical music this morning! hope she liked it ha) Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
--
You can now feel the top of your uterus about ¾ of an inch above your belly button. As we talked about last week, many women describe this as a comfortable period of pregnancy. (I know most women say this, and maybe it IS, but I'm not 'comfortable', but I'm also not extremely 'uncomfortable'. We'll see how this works out as the weeks progress...)
Your baby has pretty much taken on the form of a newborn baby, but is incredibly small. Much development will continue to occur over the next 18 weeks. His or her skin appears wrinkly, but this is because he/she has not yet gained enough weight to fill the skin out. The lips are becoming more distinct. The eyes have completely formed, but the iris (the colored portion of the eye) still lacks pigment. The eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and the pancreas is continuing to mature.
---------
Total Weight Lost/ Gained: apparently according to the doctor last week I weigh 141 on their scale.Thats 13 pounds total. Whew.
Maternity Clothes: still need to find some jeans. my favorite thing lately is gaucho pants. yes, i know they aren't worn a whole lot anymore but hey, I'm pregnant. great excuse.
Gender: A baby girl :)
Movement: She does sleep a lot but she has her active times too! There have been several days where she is just goin goin goin!
What I miss: Sleep. I don't think this answer will change much more ha.
Sleep: Legs still hurting. Doctor says this is 'normal'. Bleh. Guess it is worth it though :)
Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, fast growing nails, baby brain, feeling hot, my hormones making me 'outspoken', big fingers, legs that are killing me, back that is killing me, not sleeping well, and could I complain any more?
Cravings: most food. yep, not ALL food anymore. apparently if I eat TOO much of something then I get turned off real quick and can't have it for a while. Lately it was mexican food.
Best Moment this week: Chad felt her again! Little movements but still- there is not a moment that is more fun to share in than that :)
What I'm looking forward to: more movement and maybe sleeping better??

2 comments:

karen cavender said...

Wow! This post must have snuck in there between my checking on it! I love all the descriptions of all that is forming with Ava now....I can't wait to hold her!! And I can't wait to see YOU both hold her...that will be a moment that I'm announcing ahead of time will make me cry. So get ready....

Anonymous said...

Did your mom announce that she's going to cry? Is that news to us? Didn't we already know that? : )
Aunt Sandy