Monday, October 4, 2010

25 Weeks!

Your Baby: Month 6 (for the next couple weeks I am an eggplant. bleh)

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required) -- (we haven't heard it yet but we will try!). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

*little side note and maybe TMI for you fellas but my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball according to this email I get. WOW.*
Your baby is now 13 inches long and weighs anywhere from 1½ to 1¾ pounds. (this means Ava is about 1.5-2 lbs then. She's always been bigger than the email says HA) While it does not appear that your baby is that big, he or she is slowly gaining some baby fat, making his/her appearance less wrinkled. If your baby has hair, the color and texture could be seen at this point. However, it can change after the baby is born.
------
Total Weight Lost/ Gained: 146. 18 pounds up. Heh...this is a lot.
Maternity Clothes: I realized this weekend when the weather magically changed that I am going to be needing to get some fall / winter maternity attire. I only have a few things!
Gender: A baby girl :)
Movement: Active little angel. She moves quite a lot. Im not sure if she is just getting more active, or if she is just getting bigger and I can now feel all her dance moves.
What I miss: Sleep, of course. I do miss sliding into my jeans easily. My poor hips are gettin wide haha
Sleep: Some good nights, some bad nights. Nothing seems to help 'more' or 'less' just depends on the night.
Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, fast growing nails, baby brain, feeling hot, my hormones making me 'outspoken', big fingers, legs that are killing me, back that is killing me, not sleeping well, and could I complain any more?  (let me just make it clear however that I would endure all this and more and am loving it because I know this is DEFINITELY all worth it :)
Cravings: no specifics lately- sorry to be dull haha
Best Moment this week: Almost everyone at my office got to feel her move - it was so fun!
We also got some CD's - they are 'lullaby' cd's of bands like Coldplay, Beatles, etc. I know Ava is going to love them and Chad and I are loving listening to them in the meantime :)
What I'm looking forward to: starting the nursery and my glucose test! haha no, im really not looking forward to that much at all...

1 comment:

karen cavender said...

Wow....eggplant?? ha

I just love seeing your shape change and knowing that Ava is just growing and getting bigger...getting ready for her big arrival!!

I do wish there was a magic pill you could take that would make it more comfortable for you to sleep. You should be "stocking up" for when she is here and you have to live on hardly any sleep for awhile! :)