Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend with Mimi and Poppy!

Wednesday night last week Chad's parents came to visit! They had gone on a birthday trip for Sherry to see the Cardinals play in St. Louis and then headed down here! They arrived around 9-10 and we just got everything set up and of course said hi to Ava and such :) Thursday Chad didn't go into work until about 2 but from then until I got home they got to babysit. They loved it! I feel so blessed to have inlaws that are so loving and wonderful. I hear horror stories from other people and it makes me so thankful for this family I became a part of. And they LOVE Ava. She is not lacking in the love dept. at all HA. Thursday I finally got home and we hung out a little and then watched The King's Speech (which if you haven't seen it I highly recommend - great movie). Friday I was off work and Chad worked until 5:30. I was able to do some errands without Ava and it was nice. I missed her the whole time, but I didn't miss having to turn around every time we got to a stoplight to find a paci, listening to screaming in the backseat when there's nothing I can do, having to get out and undo the carseat and carry the very heavy ava/carseat combo into somewhere just to grab a newspaper or something small like that. It was a nice small break. What did I do on my break? Mom and I went and got my oil changed. Haha nice break, huh? But we also went and got her an iPhone (woo hoo!) and then went to her house to set it all up. She is loving it! It seriously changes your life. Anyways I got home that afternoon and we played with Ava.
OK Friday night we grilled steaks and chilled with Ava. She takes up all our time so saying 'we chilled with Ava' seriously means we spent hours looking and playing with Ava. We then watched The Pacific that night and headed to bed.  Saturday we, take a guess, yes - played with Ava. She's just so darn cute!! They headed out around 12.
Here's pictures!


I was kind of just messing around when I took this picture but then I ended up LOVING it.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

So cute, I dont think Ava takes a bad picture! Question: How do you always have the cutest backgrounds on your blog?

karen cavender said...

Yes, you ARE very blessed to have great inlaws!! Ava is a lucky girl to be surrounded by so many people who truly love her! :)