Thursday, August 5, 2010

16 weeks!

Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender. (we ARE interested but have to wait!!)

Your baby is planning on a huge growth spurt in the upcoming weeks. During pregnancy week 16 your baby has grown strong enough to hold his head straighter. Your baby's eyes and ears are moving into their final position and your baby is focusing much of her energy on her circulation system. By 16 weeks pregnant your baby's heart is pumping roughly 25 quarts of blood each day!

At 16 weeks pregnant your baby starts growing fine hair on the tope of his head, though some babies will be born very bald despite their best efforts. The color of your baby's hair and even your baby's eyes may change shortly after birth. Many babies are born with blonde hair for example that falls out and turns brown a short time after birth. Still others are born with brown eyes that turn blue within a month or two after birth! Your baby will continue to amaze you in the weeks following pregnancy.

How Far Along: 16.5 Weeks!
Total Weight Lost/ Gained: 130. One time I weighed and it said 132...but the next day was 130 so who knows haha
Maternity Clothes: One of my wonderful friends Leah brought a HUGE bag of her old maternity clothes for me to borrow. I am SO thankful for her! And they were cute too! :)
Gender: We will know AUGUST 12TH!!!
Movement: I felt Baby B! It was a couple nights ago- We had gone to bed and Chad had already fallen asleep and I was trying to (the usual) and all of a sudden I felt little baby b. It was the flutter just like everyone had told me it would feel. It was so nice of Baby B to tell me "hey!"
What I miss: sleep. i hope this gets better eventually...
Sleep: Still not great.
Symptoms: I'm starting to feel like my belly is tight. I FEEL like I have a belly haha
Cravings: Food in general. Yep. I love it still
Best Moment this week: Baby B showed me he/she is still there!! That was so exciting!
What I'm looking forward to: ONE WEEK FROM TODAY WE WILL KNOW THE SEX!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey Christy! I just recently found and started following your blog! Congrats again on being pregnant! It is and will be the most amazing experience! Enjoy every minute of it! Let me know if there is anything you need, questions you have or just whatever. :)
Allison
www.theforfam.com and
http://ourstork.blogspot.com/