Friday, August 27, 2010

"I'm forgetting I forgot things..."

SO, as most of you know, it is a common thing apparently to have some absentmindedness durring your pregnancy. Well, you can go ahead and group me with those people because I am losing-my-mind. Just random things- I'll forget what I'm saying, I'll forget what I did that day/yesterday/last week, I'll forget names, I'll be in the middle of doing something and forget what I was doing, etc etc. I was mentioning this to Chad the other day because I told him that now  "I'm forgetting I forgot things". I'll remember things going on - plan to do something about it - and *poof*, its gone again.

Example: My previous 18 week post was not quite accurate. Under symptoms I put sleep or something (see, forgetting...) and I forgot that I'm actually going through a lot of 'pregnancy symptoms' right now. Of course, later on I don't want to forget what these were so this post is to ensure that it gets recorded for all time.

First off, my temper. If you know me, you know I'm usually not one to really get mad or upset easily. I mean, everyone has their days, but I'm not the person who has a yelling fest with the barista in Starbucks because they put whipped cream, and I asked for no whipped cream. Anyways I'm usually a happy, calm person. Thanks to my lovely crazy hormones, I am now no longer this person. I get angry. I get angry quick. And there is nothing I can do to calm myself. Believe me, I try SO hard to be calm and not react to things...but I can't! Driving is the worst. I had road rage before, but now its more like hysterical road tantrums. Sorry to anyone who I have yelled at in the process.
My nails are growing insanely fast. For the wedding I was in 2 weeks ago I trimmed my nails - you could barely see any white on them. Today, just a couple weeks later, I am needing to go home today and trim them again. It is crazy! I love it! I put a picture on here, yes its horrible quality, but just as a visual, - who doesn't like pictures

LEG CRAMPS- These are horrible! The other night I had one wake me up from sleep because it was KILLING me! I sat there in bed, helpless, and not awake enough to really figure out what to do. Instead I layed there in half a coma semi-rubbing my leg and feeling like I was going to die. (ok, I DID know I was going to pull through because its just a leg cramp, but that was form dramatic effect). I tried laying back down on the bed but as soon as it touched the surface the pain came shooting back. After about 15 minutes of wallering around the bed it finally died down and I went back to sleep. I thought it was over. I woke up the next morning, got out of bed, took one step - shooting pain. My muscle was so tight that when I felt it, it felt flexed when I was doing nothing to flex it. Hard as a rock. It hurt the entire rest of the day haha
Burping - I . burp . all . the . time.  Sometimes reflux follows, sometimes not. But burping is a friend that has moved in and is staying. It doesn't matter what time of day, if im sitting or walking, nothing. I could eat half of a skittle...*BURP* Now after a meal, it is a round of continuous burping. Let me clarify - when I say burping, I don't mean the  "burp -oops excuse me" kind of burps, I'm talking the "BUUUURRRP-oops and everyone turns and looks at you with that disgusting look on their face" kind of burps. They are long and loud and gross. Chad thinks its hilarious, which I am thanful for haha. MMM doesn't that just make you ready to go eat dinner.

4 comments:

Chad said...

I think it's hilarious how mad you get , and how much you burp.
Love,
Your Supporting husband.

Allison said...

Try eating a banana or banana pudding right before bed. That helped me to stop the leg cramps. Also, when you get one stand on it to stretch it out. It will go away faster and hurt less the next day. I have gotten them up to 3 or 4 times a night and jump out of bed each time. Hubby didn't like being woke up from me flying out of the bed. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you LOVE your fast-growing nails? Thanks to prenatal vitamins! As for the burping, hey...you can win contests now and the men think you're cool. As for the leg cramps, can't help you there. As for the forgetfullness, that might continue after you give birth since the baby takes some of your brain. And your temper? Does Chad think it's hilarious when you're yelling at HIM or just at other people? At least he thinks it's hilarious. You have a very supportive husband! : ) I love reading your blog!
Love, Aunt Sandy

karen cavender said...

I was going to say something, but now I forgot what I was going to say. ha jk....see? runs in the family. :)