Thursday, August 19, 2010

18.5 weeks!

Your Baby: Week 18


Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon. (as we learned last ultrasound though, since my placenta is in the front unlike everyone elses, it's going to take longer to feel her move because its an extra layer she has to push through)

Your figure is continuing to change, and most people can recognize that you are pregnant, especially if you are only wearing maternity clothes. However, there are many other changes that are occurring that no one can see. Your cardiovascular system is also affected by your pregnancy, and you may experience some low blood pressure. This is why it is important to make sure you go from a lying/sitting position to a standing position slowly. This decreases the amount of dizziness that you may experience. (what is funny about this is we recieve this email on Mondays - SUNDAY I had a dizzy spell and HAD to eat something to make me feel better. Getting this email explained the whole thing. Awesome)
A protective covering called myelin is beginning to form around his/her nerves. This covering will continue to form up until your baby’s first birthday. If you are having a little girl, her fallopian tubes and uterus have positioned themselves into the correct place. If you are having a little boy, then his genitals may be noticed on your next ultrasound. However, many babies do not like to cooperate during the ultrasound, and the genitals cannot be seen. (ours was!)
------------
How Far Along: 18.5 Weeks!


Total Weight Lost/ Gained: up 5.5 pounds. At the doctor visit she said this was great. She said she likes for the weight gain to be under 10 pounds in the first 20 weeks so right on track!
Maternity Clothes: I got another huge bag of clothes from some sweet friends at church! I am so thankful for all the help :)
Gender: A baby girl :) I am SO excited I can finally fill this one out hehe
Movement: nothin. bleh.
What I miss: oh sleep, how I miss thee. I have found the way I sleep the best is laying on Chad's arm- which goes dead within 30 minutes of me laying there. Poor guy ;)
Sleep: Eh
Symptoms: I - am - eating - all - the - time
Cravings: There is a sandwich shop called Jimmy Johns. I HAVE to have the Italian sub at some point. This craving is reoccuring since the beginning. I think the reason I have been craving it is because the closest one to us is 45 minutes away... :\
Best Moment this week: Finding out baby b = girl :) little ava lynn burris
What I'm looking forward to: feeling ava move!

No comments: